Friday, June 25, 2010

Why I love summer

Summer is amazing! There are so many reasons to love it. These are a few of my favorites.

Days of swimming around in the pool.




















A never-ending bowl of fruit salad.











Sticky, drippy watermelon.



Endless Otter-Pops.











Going barefoot all summer long.











The sound of the ice-cream man coming
down the street.



Playing all day in the shade.











Riding bikes until the wee hours of the night.











BBQ'd food every night.



Sprinklers in the green grass.











Lazy afternoon naps.











The smell of the monsoon's coming.



Days of gazing at the sunny, blue sky.











Ice-cream any time of the day.


I love summer and the time I get with my family. The moments I share with my children in the summer are priceless and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Sometimes I wish summer would never end.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the days when you were lil' in the mountains of Washington state. Except the roads you rode bikes on weren't paved.......you lived on a dirt road one mile of the main county rode (which was also dirt!). I love you and I love my grand babies...........thank's sis........very nice posting.

    ReplyDelete