Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Friends

So, this past weekend, my friend Kelci and I threw a baby shower for my best friend Rachael. It was so fun.

I spent the week before preparing for her shower by purchasing large amounts of baby stuff and making gigantic baskets for her, cross-stitching a bib, making a picture frame, ordering a cake, ordering food trays, buying balloons, candy bars and preparing a game (I am a huge gamer at home but not with a lot of people I don't know), so it was a "Hands-off" kind of game.

This being Rachael's first baby, I wanted to make it special. She got some really neat gifts and some really great people were there to support her.

The night before her shower, Rachael and her husband, Charlie, came over to the house for a night of visiting. Since they moved down to Buckeye, we try to get with them at least once a month. We are avid card players and pretty competitive at that, however, Charlie and me are a team and Toby and Rach are a team, makes for some pretty interesting game nights.

While they were over we grilled steaks and visited with the kids as well. They are the best friends in the world and always include our kids. We decided before playing cards we would bust out with a game or two of "Disney's Scene it" (the best game ever). It was supposed to be the girls versus guys, but Kiley played with the guys and Rach and I lost our most valuable asset. So, of course, both games we lost. Big DRAG!!

After the kids went to bed we stayed up for a couple more hours and played cards. It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed the company. It is always fun with these two.

Anyway, it was a great weekend with my friends and I was sorry to see them leave. We already have plans to get down there for a weekend.

I think Rach enjoyed her shower and got a lot of things that she needed. She is pretty excited for her little man to get here (along with all the rest of us). I am so grateful to have friends like this...it is a lucky person to have friends this amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment