Monday, November 2, 2009

A Wonderful Halloween

This Halloween was so fun!! It started a day early, but what the heck...why not drag some of the more fun moments of our life out. I mean, doesn't it always seem like the hard stuff lasts forever, I for one, think we should grasp the good stuff and hold on to it a little longer.

On Monday the 26th we had our pumpkin carving extravaganza! It was so much fun. The kids grew their own pumpkins this year and got to watch them start from the seed and grow to the big pumpkins, they were so proud. This whole growing experience was all thanks to amazing neighbors and lots of hard work on their part. The kids just got to watch them grow daily, but it was still fun for them.

The night of carving,
we laid out the newspaper and got to work. Toby helped Brady make his "Anakin Skywalker" pumpkin, Kiley did the cutest one ever by herself, and I helped the baby make the "original" jack-o-lantern...that is just my speed.
The whole time Chase was putting all the utensils on my face, up my nose, down my shirt and everywhere else. It was quite the experience to carve pumpkins with a one year old. After they were all carved, Toby and Braedon
decided to get a little carried away with the pumpkin "guts."


It was pretty funny and extremely messy. After carving we shared a dessert of pumpkin rolls, it was so good. I forget that I don't have to make them just this time of year. Note to self...make pumpkin rolls more often.


On the 30th, the kids (and myself) got to dress up for Halloween at school. Kiley was a hippie and quite possibly the cutest one I have ever seen. Braedon, of course, was Anakin Skywalker, and was adorable. He and his best friend were the same thing,
they were an adorable little pair walking around. Chase was a dragon, so cute but it made him so grouchy. I am pretty sure if he could have blown fire, he would have, all over the hat. I was a baseball player, very cost efficient, since I own everything that I needed. The school party was wonderful and all of my students looked adorable, we had such a fun, sugar filled day. However, when the day was over I was exhausted and glad to see it end. Kids can be crazy on sugar!!

On Halloween night, we went to the church "Trunk-or-Treat" which was so fun and cold. After that we came home and ate homemade Chili (yes I made it and it was pretty good if I do say so myself). After dinner we made a huge bed on the floor in the living room, popped some popcorn and heated up some apple cider. Then we parked it on the floor and
watched "Race to Witch Mountain." I, of course, never made it to the end of the movie, I was out an hour into it, but the family said it was a wonderful movie. I guess I will never know.

Laying with my family that night I realized that I couldn't think of any other place on earth that I would rather be. It was a perfect holiday and I was surrounded by four of the most amazing people I know.




I was completely content with my simple, relaxing evening at home snuggled up with my family by the fire. I wish every day was just like this one!

1 comment: