Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MOM!! They said T-H-E...

So, for those of you that know my "Braedon" know that from the moment he entered this world he has been going. He was born saying, "Hello world, here I am!" Most of you that know him, I am sure, are aware of the fact that he says and does some of the unique things. He is truly unique...and independent...and busy...and interesting. He is stubborn and smart all in one. He will look so sweet and innocent and then come out of nowhere and wack you with his light saber or a shovel or whatever else he can find!He can be my biggest challenge, the one who knows when to get that last straw, and my biggest, most loving boy all in one (usually on the same day, every day!).

This year Braedon started kindergarten and Toby and I were a little concerned because he just turned 5 in July. We were worried that maturity wise he wouldn't be ready
and that he was going to get into a lot of trouble with his best buddy Morgan, considering they are in the same class (those boys can be Hell on Wheels together!). Well, Toby and I were proved wrong and he is loving school and doing really well. We only had two incidents so far of him getting into trouble (both of which were with Morgan~ pretty sure Brady was the instigator! HAHA). Nothing a good ole' talking to didn't fix.

Since Braedon has been in school he is learning so many new things. His latest one is the color and number words and his favorite word, "the." He finds it everywhere!! We are at the store
and he finds it in the magazines, on T.V., driving down the road, etc. His new hobby is to pull out ALL of our books and start going through them until he finds the word "the." Then he ever so tactfully "yells," "Mom, are you kidding me, this word is everywhere!" This is Braedon, my yeller!!

Well, the other day we were at my Mom's having lunch and we were playing music. The music was being played to get my little one, Chase, to dance. Lately, every time he hears a beat, he starts rockin' out. So, a classic comes on and Chase, of course, starts dancing. Mom and I are laughing at him and filming the dance moves. Braedon pipes up with, "MOM!!! They said T-H-E!" My mom didn't catch it at first but I broke into hysterics. This may not seem funny to you until you know the song...AC/DC's "TNT." If you haven't heard
it you should, just to see the humor in this.

Well that is my Braedon. Always interesting, always unique, and always independent. There isn't a day that goes by that this little boy doesn't say something that makes me either laugh or think about it for days. Granted, there are also days that he makes
me want to reconsider parenting, but at the end of the day when I tuck this little guy into bed, I look at him and feel so lucky that he is mine. He is amazing and everything I hoped
he would be, attitude and all. I can't imagine a life without my Brady in it.

My Braedon is one of a kind for sure...never going to be another like him and I am happy for that. He is a whirlwind and a lover all in one. I can't wait to see what his next word or phrase will be. Till then, I will enjoy T-H-E!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jess your kids are so cute! And holy TEAR-JERKER or a post about having Kiley! That was so sweet! Oh and one more thing, WHY THE CRAP AM I NOT ON YOUR FRIEND LIST!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have tried and for some reason it won't show up. I am working on it, but hey, why aren't you on my followers?? HAHA

    ReplyDelete