Sunday, September 27, 2009

Family Time

Yesterday was a wonderful day!!

Toby was the first to "rise" this morning (which is NEVER the case, he is always last out of bed on any given day!) and went wood cutting with his dad. This is our final load, I think!
We have gone out every weekend for the last four weeks and I think that is enough.

While Toby was out wood cutting, Braedon,
Chase and I went to Kiley's friend's house to pick her up (she had stayed the night and went to the football game the night before). We spent a little time over there and then headed off to the grocery store to pick up TONS of groceries. We were in desperate need of produce and pretty much every thing else. Thank heavens for payday!!

When we got home, Toby was home and we all put the groceries away. After that we headed off to the "Run to the Pines" carshow. On our way up we decided that we all needed Frosty's from Wendy's. They were delicious! It's been a while.
Of course Braedon and Chase managed to get it every
where, even in places I am still question
ing how it made it's way there?!

Once we got to the car show we made bets on how many people we would see that we knew. I, of course won. As soon as we got there, we saw Jared and his friends, along with many others. We walked around and looked at all the cars, Braedon was so excited that he got to look inside the cars rather than just the outside. He was just as excited about the cars as his dad.
Toby wanted to explain to all of (just like he does every year, HAHA) about how to
tell the difference from one year to another. He tells us all about them all, until he gets to his '66 Chevelle Super
sports, then he tunes out every one us out and stares at every detail on the car.

After about an hour and a half, the kids started getting a little whiny and miserable due to the heat. Chase was a little better after we let him walk around but since he is still pretty new at walking, he wasn't making much headway, he was
walking in a lot of circles!

When we were done looking at the cars, we started our trek back to the car. Once the car was in sight Kiley and I decided to race,
let's just say I smoked her! She said I cheated but I'm not sure how?!

On our way back home the kids and Toby were pretty hot and a tad cranky. I decided they all needed to chill out and cool off, so I took a bottle of water and poured it down Toby's shirt and doused the kids in the back. They loved it even though they acted grouchy about it.

Once we got home, Kiley and I started our lasagna. I told her I would teach her how to make it. It is my favorite but takes roughly 3-3 1/2 hours to make, but it is totally worth it. We started out with our onions, garlic, and herbs and started to saute those. After that we added our
tomatoes and red wine, that has to simmer for about and hour and a half. While we were cooking the sauce, Kiley browned the spice Italian sausage and I started the Tiramisu (White Tiramisu with Strawberries and White Chocolate).

After the sauce was cooked, we added the sausage and made the Ricotta/Spinach mixture.
Then Kiley began layering while I finished up the Tiramisu. It looked wonderful, she did a great job! We put the lasagna in the oven and the Tiramisu in the fridge to chill. After an hour and a half the lasagna was ready to come out and set up. At this point, Kiley put her garlic bread in the oven and started dishes and Braedon made
salads. He was so proud of them!

The whole dinner turned out great and looked beautiful. Kiley and Brady were so proud of their food. It was a really fun thing to watch! After dinner, Dad cleaned up the kitchen and I put the boys in the bath. Kiley took her shower and we were all in our pj's. We then sat down and
boys in the bath. Kiley took her shower and we were all in our watched America's Funniest Home videos and Chase entertained us with his "dancing" to the theme song. After the kids went to bed Toby and I sat up and watched "I love you, Man!" It was pretty hilarious!

It was a wonderful day with my little family!
I cherish these times because before too long my kids won't be so little and their friends will become the highlight of their lives. I am so grateful for my husband and my children and the happiness they bring into my life everyday. I am so content with my life just the way it is. I can't imagine any other life than this and I am so happy that this one is mine!


Kiley's Lasagna:





























My Tiramisu:



























Braedon's Salads:

No comments:

Post a Comment