Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I love Sundays!!

I love Sundays, for so many reasons,

1) I don't have to work.

2) We go to church as a family.

3) I get to relax.

4) We spend the day as a family

These reasons are why I look forward to Sunday all week.

This Sunday was wonderful. We took it easy, I especially did, I am still trying to get over some really nasty flu/cold/strep/sinus thing. So, Toby, Kiley, and Braedon headed off to church while Chase and I stayed home. Chase took a nice long nap and I lounged on the couch and watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," really good movie.

When the rest of my family came home we all got in our "comfy" clothes and took naps. I LOVE NAPS!

After we woke up, Toby
got the turkey fryer out and prepared the turkey.
Braedon was so excited about it, he spent the whole time outside with Daddy while it was going. He was definitely the supervisor and messenger all in one. He would tell his dad how it was looking and then come in the house and relay the message to me.

During the turkey frying, Kiley was preparing the sweet potatoes and the stuffing. She is becoming quite the little cook and I love that she can help now. She loves it and so do I! While this was all going on, I was playing with the baby. He, however, had quite a rough day. While he was coming to give me a hug, he tripped and went face first into the coffee table and put his tooth through his lip. This may have caused most babies to cry for some time, he whimpered for about a minute, if that. He was then back on the go again. Within another 30 minutes, he fell again, this time reaching for his dad and cracked open his chin. That bled for a while but was pretty superficial. In about 5 more minutes, he busted his top lip on the remote, by swinging it around. He is a mess, not to mention the plant
that he pulled down on top of himself about an hour before all of this began. You forget how accident prone they tend to be when they first start walking. He was definitely keeping us all on our toes as well as making us laugh. He is a mess for sure!!

Check out those lips!!

After this experience, we decided it was best to move him as far away from the coffee table as possible, so we moved him by his toys, which happen to be close to our door. He decided to head outside.

This is where we found a plastic bottle under Toby's patrol car, this entertained him for quite a while. This was great news, as he wasn't hurting himself anymore. HAHA!! Eventually he decided to head over and help out Dad and Braedon with the turkey.

During this time, I got to spend some time with my sweet girl. We messed around in the living room and visited. Thank goodness for my little girl, otherwise I would be totally outnumbered in my home of "boys."

I am so blessed to have such a good girl. We talked about what she learned in church and her friends in school. She is
growing up so fast, I can hardly keep up with the kid. Yesterday she was born and today she is telling me about the boy that likes her, although she got very embarrassed about that and told me not to tell her dad.

What am I going to do??

I love watching her grow up into the girl that she is but I just wish I could slow it down a little bit!

Thank goodness for Sunday family time!

Finally, our turkey was done and Chef Toby was ready to show off his bird. I have to admit, it looked wonderful and
Braedon was mighty proud of it himself.

Daddy started to carve the bird and the rest of us snagged pieces off as he was doing it. It was juicy and delicious.

At that time, Kiley pulled her sweet potatoes out of the oven, as well as her stuffing. We put it all together and it made a wonderful dinner. Chase ate so much I thought he was going to be sick. Normally he isn't the biggest meat eater but he was doing pretty well on that turkey. I guess that
Thanksgiving will be a lot of fun this year.
After dinner, we cleaned up the kitchen and then got the kids ready for bed. It was such a nice and relaxing day. It is hard to say goodbye to Sunday's. Knowing that the next day is the beginning of another hectic, busy week. But I feel like I am lucky enough to have the family that I do and know that Sunday is only a few more days away and we will get to do this all over again. Till next Sunday....

No comments:

Post a Comment