Friday, September 25, 2009

The Path

There are reasons that all of us are who we are today. There are turns of events in our lives that make us take paths we may or may not have traveled. Whether or not we like where this path takes us is up to us. We are ultimately responsible for our own future and the quality of it.

I have had many examples of this in my life. I have had to make difficult choices and traveled paths I was very unsure of. However difficult they may have been, they have all lead me to a wonderful place now. I am blessed with beautiful children, a loving husband, a steady, successful career, and amazing friends and family that have always supported me.

As I reflect on the people who's support has been the most steady and consistent, I think of one person in particular.

This person is my best friend...

the one who will call me out on my "bad" behavior...

the one who knows more about me than anyone else...

and the one who is more like me than anyone else I know, or should I say I am more like this person.

I am blessed to get the opportunity to talk to this person usually on a daily basis and share my concerns with raising my family, the happy things in my life, and getting an account of their day. I don't know how I would make it in this world without this person, I wouldn't be the same with out being in this persons life.

Every value and moral that I know to be true

Every "Type A" personality trait I have

Every ounce of passion I have for life I have learned to love from this person.

SHE is the most amazing woman I know and holds the most special place in my heart and my life. I think of her role in my everyday life and the utmost importance it plays. She gives me hope and strength to be a better mother and wife.

Everything I have been taught to do started with this amazing woman, she has been there with me through it all. She has walked my winding path all the way from the beginning with me, holding my hand every step of the way. I am so grateful for this amazing person and I hope there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't know how much I love her.

To my beautiful mother... I love you and would not be the same without you! You are the mother I hope to be to my own children. I hope on
e day they look at me and feel this way about me. When I think of you I thin
k of all the times in my life that you held me while I cried in your arms and
all the laughs we have shared together. You
are and always will be my best friend. Thank you for all that you have taught me and continue to teach me daily. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment