Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sick of being SICK!

I have now officially been sick for 11 days. My friend, Becky, told me last night that the flu is running 10-14 days, looks like I am one of the lucky ones that gets to do this for the whole 14 days.

It all started on Wednesday at work when I started to get a sore throat. By Thursday it was killing me. I called the doctor and told him what was going on and he prescribed
my Penicillin for strep throat. Well that is all gone and now it is in my head (like a sinus infection). Yesterday I spent the whole of my day on the coach with Vicks under my nose and Day Quill in my system. What a drag!! Especially on a beautiful day.

I decided last night to call my mom and let her know how "crappy" I felt. Mom's are always good for that kind of thing. After talking to my mom for about 3 minutes I already felt better. Here are some things I have decided about moms when you are sick, especially mine...

1) Know one else can take care of you like she can.

2) I should move in with her while I am sick and have her nurse me back to health.

3) No matter how old you are, Mom still knows best!

I am feeling much better today, but still a little under the weather. Maybe another lazy day and another good night sleep will help me get back to normal. Now I remember why I dislike this time of year, especially as a teacher. Uuuuugggggg!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment