Sunday, October 25, 2009

As I watch...


So, Tuesday my little one (my baby) turned one. It is hard to believe that a year has gone by already. It seems like just yesterday this little man entered our life. It doesn't seem long enough since we were making guesses on whether he was a boy or a girl or what the name was going to be. Now, I have this little man toddling around my house and making all of us laugh constantly. He is getting into everything and causing destruction in his big brother's life!

As we were celebrating his birthday on Tuesday night, I couldn't help but think about how much he has changed our lives. A little over a year ago, I couldn't imagine adding another child to our lives. I was worried about starting over with late nights, getting up in the night, juggling work and motherhood, and how my older ones would do with a new baby. Now, I see it as a wonderful thing that happened in our family and I can't remember a world without our little Chase.

It is hard to watch your little ones grow up but so rewarding in the same.
I love to see the little people that they become and the individuality they gain. Chase definitely has some personality. You would never know that the sweet, mellow infant I had is now a walking, talking disaster. He is trouble like you wouldn't believe. He is in to everything and picks on his older brother and sister on a daily basis. He has attitude and a temper that is unreal. But then he smiles or gives you a hug and you forget all the naughty things he was just doing. I love him so much!

On his birthday, Kiley, Braedon, and I hurried home from school to start his cake. We got that made and then made spaghetti for his dinner (since every little kid loves spaghetti). We sat down as a family and had dinner, which he made a huge mess on ALL of my kids. After dinner, we let Chase open his presents. He didn't have a clue what was going on so Brady helped him.
He really loved his sock monkey and loved on it all night. After presents was cake. We decided it would be best if we stripped him down to his diaper before starting the cake, this proved to be a great idea, he had it everywhere. He was eventually eating it off his belly, which was really cute!

Finally, we got "cake" man in the bath and he was my adorable little boy again. We put him on the floor to play with his new toys. He decided to take each one of his little cars and toddle over to the garbage and dump them in. After doing this to all five cars, he walked back over to the trash can and looked in at all of his cars and started crying. He was a mess!! It was hilarious, my other two think it needs to be an America's Funniest Home Videos moment, it was pretty great!

After we laid our birthday boy to bed, Toby and I began talking about our life and all the things that have happened since our wedding date. It is amazing that on the happiest day of your life you don't
have a clue how much better it can actually get from there. I now have three amazing children and am married to my best friend. I feel so lucky and blessed to have these things in my life. I am so proud of my children and the little people that they are becoming. As I watch them grow I feel more pride and love than I even knew I had in me. I look forward to the years to come and all the beautiful memories we will make in the process.

Chase~ Happy Birthday sweetie! I can't even describe how happy I am to have you as part of
our little family. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. You and Toby have given your father and I, three of the BEST grand kids in the world. Each his/her own personality, each a joy to be around.......thank you Toby and Jessica!

    ReplyDelete