Monday, October 19, 2009

Officer of the Year


Last week, Toby called me to inform me that he was being awarded officer of the year for his service to the schools and community this year. He said, "This isn't why I am in the job but it is a neat honor!" I still think he was excited regardless.

On Tuesday, the Chief of Police told him that they would be honoring him at a dinner. He said he wasn't sure when it was going to be so he checked his calendar and said, "Crap, it is this Saturday, can you go?" Of course, we wouldn't miss it, we were there.

Toby was getting ready for the dinner (in his Class A's, I might add, which are unbelievably attractive) and his Chief called. His question to Toby was, "What are you wearing?" to which Chief's wife said in the background, "You sound like a bunch of girls!" It was funny but they decided to both wear the Class A's.

After the phone conversation we were ready to go to the Elks Lodge for the honorary dinner. We were served steak, baked potatoes, corn, and rolls. Then the awards ceremony began.
Toby was honored third, along with one of his best friends from high school who is currently a Police officer in Pinetop-Lakeside. It was a really neat honor for all of the guys that earned awards.

This is Toby's second time earning this award. Once in 2007 and again this year. I am so proud of him and his hard work. It is so neat to see him so successful at something he loves to do. I know I am not the only one who recognizes the amazing work he does out there.




1 comment: